Pet Odors when selling your home can be disastrous. Especially when someone viewing your home has a sensitive nose or those who have allergies. Remember: Our noses impact all senses, especially when odors are offensive.
When selling a home, pet odors could be a deciding factor as to whether your property remains on the market or whether it is sold.
Did you know?
“Studies show that 75% of emotions are triggered by smell which is linked to pleasure, well-being, emotion and memory – handy when you want people to buy your products.”
Here are some useful tips to get rid of pet odors.
– Many pets have their own bed and without regular washing, the odor from the pets bed could impact the smell of the entire room. Keep them clean, or why not consider an odor resistant bed?
– Baking soda absorbs odors. Try sprinkling some on your carpet and vacuum up. Don’t forget to empty the vacuum cleaner when you are done!
– Vinegar is a known odor killer. Wipe the walls, floors and counters.
– Wash all of your pet’s toys, collars and bedding once a week.
– Consider an air purifier.
– Use mild air fresheners designed for pet odors. It can be overwhelming to a potential home buyer if your air freshener is too strong.
– Open your windows.
– Deep clean your property.
– Sometimes, you need to bring the pro’s in. Hire a cleaning service!
Have any other suggestions? We want to hear from you! At EXIT Beach Realty, we are here to help. Have a property you need to sell? We would love the opportunity to get you where you want to be. Contact us today!