Home improvements that increase property value are sometimes necessary. When it is time to sell, often times a home seller will make repairs or upgrades prior to placing their property on the market. Some times, however, what THEY value in a home may not actually increase the property value over the long haul.
Home Improvements that Increase Property Value
Here is a list of things you can do prior to selling to increase the value of your home.
- Use neutral colors to paint the interior and exterior walls of your property. Painting your property makes the home look clean and new.
- Hire someone to deep clean your home prior to placing it on the market.
- Replace worn and dirty carpet with new carpet or tile. Not only will it spruce up your property, it will freshen the air.
- Plant a shade tree. The more mature, the more of an increase in value. Not only will it beautify your yard, it will also save you $$$ in cooling costs.
- Update your entrance way. You can either replace the front door or change out the hardware. New knobs, door bell, and/or a front light can make a big difference.
- Update or upgrade your bathroom. Bathrooms can be and usually are a make or break for the property.
- Update or upgrade your kitchen. New appliances will help sell. Try for low energy consumers.
- Landscaping. Curb appeal is what sends a potential buyer into your home or what keeps them moving along to the next.
Planning on selling? Contact us today. We would be happy to stop by and consult with you!
This content is not the product of the National Association of REALTORS®, and may not reflect NAR's viewpoint or position on these topics and NAR does not verify the accuracy of the content.