Once you have determined your wants and needs in a property, the fun starts with the home search. Once you narrow down your wants and needs and include other criteria such as price and location, you won’t be so overwhelmed in the number of choices that there are available. As a matter of fact, you might feel your choices are too limited and you might want to change your criteria.
A Few Suggestions When Looking At Homes For Sale
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring all the decision makers with you if at all possible.
- Bring your checkbook as you could fall in love with a property that might have already been shown to a buyer who loves the same home.
- Some prefer to start their search online before walking into homes. This might in fact help reduce the number of properties that you physically will have to view. Sometimes photos do not do a property justice, so keep that in mind.
- You don’t want to look at every home on the market available unless you need to move yesterday.
- If you view many homes in one day, we suggest taking notes.
- We recommend that you select one agent and work with them. If you contact other agents they too will have the same inventory to view within the mls.
- If you decide to walk into an open house alone, let the agent know you are working with an agent.
- If you see a For Sale by Owner and want more information, have the agent you are working with contact them.
- It’s the same with new homes, remember the agent who is sitting at the home builders site works for the builder and not for you!
We hope you found this list useful and we look forward to working with you. Just remember that EXIT Beach Realty has three office locations to serve you, Ormond Beach, Daytona Beach and Orange City.
Interested in purchasing a new home or a rental/vacation investment?
Click on the city links to start your home search now or contact us today!