Placing your property or property search in the wrong hands could possibly cost you thousands and much of your valuable time. Know that not all real estate agents are created equal and for a better explanation, agents are Independent Contractors. This means agents place their license with a company because it is required by law. They are their own bosses and the education required for agents includes their licensing requirements which consists of 14 hours of continued education required by the Florida Real Estate Commission.
Homework Before Hiring A Real Estate Agent
Check their real estate license to make sure there are no complaints.
Check online reviews for customer satisfaction.
Look for agents with real estate designations and training. That means they have taken extra steps to be an expert in their field.
Interviewing The Agent – Ask These Questions
- Ask the agent how many homes have they sold?
- If you decide to work with a new agent, ask them if will they be working with a mentor or a seasoned agent? People have to start somewhere, remember most new agents are hungry.
- Does the real estate agent have a team and what will they do for you vs. what does the team do?
- Does your time to look at homes mesh with the agent’s schedule?
- Discuss communication and the best way to reach one another including frequency.
- Does the agent have the experience you need such as being a first time home buyer or are they familiar with the luxury home market?
- Are they familiar with specific neighborhoods that you are interested in? Is there a certain level of rapport and trust that you feel when talking with them?
Things You Should Know About EXIT Beach Realty Agents
- We are members of the National Association of REALTORS
- We utilize 3 MLS boards for properties. The Daytona Beach Area Association of REALTORS, The New Smyrna Beach Board of REALTORS and West Volusia Board of REALTORS. We cover all of Volusia County!
- Our agents work with three in-house trainers as well as have access to some of the greatest real estate trainers in the world through EXIT Realty Corp!
- We have a team of service providers that can help you get where you want to be.
- We are a nationally award winning real estate company.
Not all agents will take additional training to perfect their skills or obtain designations. Not all agents use the same marketing tools to assist home buyers.
Buying a home can be stressful and working with the right real estate agent can make all the difference in the world. You deserve an exceptional home buying experience, contact one of our agents today!