Before you jump to look at houses online or attend an open house, getting approved for a mortgage is really the first step to take! We know buying a home is an exciting time and one of the biggest decisions that you will ever make, so you want to do it right.
Let’s get started!
- Know how much you want to spend on a monthly mortgage payment.
- Know how much cash you are working with for a down-payment.
- Know your debt.
- Do not apply for new credit or make any other big purchases at this time.
- Do not quit a job or change jobs during this time.
- Gather financial documents such as tax returns, check stubs and bank statements.
- Shop around for a mortgage company that offers the price and terms you need.
- Additional documentation and verification may be required, it just depends on the type of loan you need.
A bank or mortgage company will pull your credit and assist you in finding the perfect loan to fit your needs. Rates and loan amounts may vary based on credit, down payment and type of loan.
Want a jump start on your home buying? Contact us and we will be happy to get you started!